Your Family, Your Library
Your Family, Your Library is a podcast produced by Skokie Public Library. Our Youth Services staff chat about their experiences as parents and recommend library resources for caregivers looking for support!
Meet the Team
Learn more about our co-hosts and the behind-the-scenes staff who bring you this monthly series.
Katie Fox, Co-Host
Katie is a Youth Services librarian who enjoys books, good coffee (and lots of it) and riding around town on her pink bike.
Caitlin Savage, Co-Host
Caitlin is a Youth Services librarian and book devotee who aspires to live up to the gold librarian standard of cozy cardigans, sassy glasses, and hard candies.
Amber Hayes, Producer
Amber is the Communications Coordinator, which means she's on the internet a lot. When she's not reading a bunch of romance or fantasy books, she can be found yelling about soccer.
Paul Knutson, Audio Engineer
Paul is the staff videographer and podcast engineer for Skokie Public Library. When he isn't yelling "action", he's likely telling corny jokes, or speaking in quotes.
Listen to the Show
Find links and information referenced in each month's episode.
- Absent Parents Book List
- Back-to-School Reads
- Book Recommendations
- First Day of School and Adjusting to Preschool for Ages 3-5
- Picky Eaters Book List
- Picture Books about School
- Scholastic Teachables
It Takes a Village
- Early Childhood Resources
- Mounting Evidence of Advantages for Children with Working Mothers (New York Times)
- What Research Says about Being a Stay-at-Home Mom (Very Well Family)
- Yes, Being a Working Mom is Good for Your Kids. Here's Why (Fortune)
- In Illinois Child Care Costs Eclipse Rent in Making it One of the Least Affordable States (Chalkbeat Chicago)
- In Illinois, Can Families Afford Child Care (Child Care Aware)
- The Summer Care Gap (New America)
- Case Study: Care in Illinois (New America)
- Legally Blonde Jr.: Teen Summer on Broadway (Monday, July 3, 2 pm)
- Legally Blonde Jr.: Teen Summer on Broadway (Monday, July 3, 6:30 pm)
- Mexican Folk Dance: A Performance and Lesson (Friday, July 7)
- Early Childhood Alliance Summer Guide
- Summer learning loss: What is it, and what can we do about it? (Brookings Institution)
- Summer learning loss: What we know and what we’re learning (NWEA)
- Rethinking summer slide: The more you gain, the more you lose (Kappan)
- Cosmic Kids Yoga (YouTube)
- Write. Right. Rite. With Jason Reynolds (YouTube)
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! (YouTube)
- Summer Reading at Skokie Public Library
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- West Ridge Nature Park
- The Grove in Glenview
- Weekend Storytime (Saturday, May 27)
- Family Book Club: The Elephants Come Home (Wednesday, May 31)
- Book Recommendations
- Summer Reads for Kids
- 10 Tips for Parenting Anxious Kids (Child Mind Institute)
- Parenting Anxious Kids (Child Mind Institute)
- What is Social Anxiety (Child Mind Institute)