Our Path to Reopening
November 23, 2020
[Updated November 23, 2020]
The building remains closed through November 30.
We are available to assist you by phone and chat, you can return items using the book drops in our south drive at any time, and you can continue to use curbside pickup through November 29. No materials will be available on November 26 or 30.
Inside, we’re wrapping up the second phase of our renovation and transitioning many of our materials back from storage into their beautiful new homes on brand-new shelves. But it's a lot of furniture to install and materials to move around and it's taking us a bit longer than we had originally hoped.
Given that, and the Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigation strategies now in place in the state of Illinois, we need to adjust our plans for offering services in the building. We will be temporarily suspending in-person browsing and self checkout, and changing our service hours. Here's what you need to know:
- Starting December 1, you'll be able to pick up your items inside the west entrance of the library
- Monday-Friday, 10 am to 7 pm
- Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm
- Sunday, noon to 6 pm
- Your items will already be checked out to you, so you can just grab them and go.
- When you place holds, you will be able to specify if you would like your items brought to a bookmobile community stop instead. Take a look at the expanded bookmobile schedule to check what is most convenient for you.
- Computers will be available by appointment only during the hours listed above. Call 847-673-7774 to make an appointment.
As the public health situation continues to unfold, we may need to make further changes. We’re here to answer whatever questions you have.