What to Expect
If you come to the library for one of the services listed below, you will need to follow our safety procedures. We may ask you to leave if you do not adhere to these guidelines.
- You must wear a mask that fully covers your mouth and nose at all times.
- You must limit your visit to 30 minutes.
- Whenever possible, only one person from your household should visit at a time.
- If you or anyone in your household is not feeling well, please do not visit the library.
- We will limit the number of people allowed in the building and may ask you to wait outside until someone else leaves before we invite you to come inside.
- Maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others at all times.
- Only one person or family will be allowed in the elevator at a time.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available and we encourage you to use them.
- Follow all instructions given to you by our staff.
- Our staff will maintain a 6-foot distance from you at all times.
We can only provide the services described below. We will not be able to provide other services at this time. No study rooms or general seating are available at this time and in-person browsing is temporarily suspended. Visit this page for updates as we are able to expand our services. If you need special accommodations, please call 847-673-7774 to discuss the available options.
A limited number of computers are available by appointment only Monday through Friday, 10 am-7 pm, Saturday, 10 am-6 pm, and Sunday, noon-6 pm. Call 847-673-7774 to make a reservation. Appointments are limited to 30 minutes. No extensions will be given. Black and white printing is available, but we cannot provide copying, scanning, or faxing at this time. When you arrive for you appointment, enter only through the west doors. We recommend parking in the library's main parking lot.
If you need assistance with a personal device, please call 847-673-7774 to make a virtual one-on-one appointment with a staff member.
In-person browsing is temporarily suspended.
Request specific items through the catalog, choose whether you would like them held at the library or taken to one of the bookmobile community stops, and we’ll notify you by email when they become available. After you receive your pickup notice, you will have 7 days to retrieve your items from the location you specified when you placed your hold.
If you selected pickup at the library, enter through the west doors during holds pickup hours:
Monday-Friday, 10 am-7 pm
Saturday, 10 am-6 pm
Sunday, noon-6 pm
Your items will already be checked out to you. Just grab them and go!
This is to keep everyone safe, by minimizing the length of time that anyone needs to be indoors. It also helps keep the line short and fast!
If you selected pickup at the bookmobile, visit any of our scheduled community stops.
Many of our services are available online, including events and activities, chat, eBooks and other digital resources, and much more.