Library at Home
Our doors may be temporarily closed, but we're still here to help! Here are some of the ways that you can use the library from home.
Don't have a library card? We can email you a library card number so that you can use all of our online resources. No need to come in! Just fill out the online application and we'll be in touch.
Stay in touch
Chat: We are available during normal library hours for questions. Use the chat box in the lower right corner of this screen.
Use Digital resources
There are so many ways to use your library card online! Download eBooks and audiobooks, stream movies and TV shows, listen to music, read digital comics, online newspapers and magazines, take online classes, and much more. Check out all of our online materials and resources.
- We have added more eBooks and downloadable audiobooks to Overdrive available in Russian, Spanish, Polish, Gujarati, Chinese, Korean, and Urdu. Hoopla also has books available in multiple languages.
- Kanopy has added credit-free videos, and Hoopla has added Bonus Borrows - these items do not count against your monthly borrowing limits.
- Ancestry.com is now available for at-home use.
Keep kids engaged
Learn how our online resources can help kids keep up their learning while they're home from school.
- We've added TumbleMath, a digital resource with simple math lessons that focus on basics, in the form of read-alongs for K-4 students. Includes quizzes and lesson planning tools.
Keep Yourself Entertained
We're here to recommend great titles just for you! Get personalized recommendations through our Bookmatch and Screenmatch services. Browse book lists curated and written by our in-house experts. Read, watch, and listen to our huge collection of eBooks and downloads. And join our Goodreads online book club!
We have lots of ways for you to take part in library events and activities while the building is closed.
- Join one of our live online events
- Enjoy one of these activities to do at home, hand-picked by our staff
- Explore the BOOMbox at Home topic of the week (updates Thursdays).
Get community and health information
We're updating our coronavirus and COVID-19 resources regularly, which include links to trusted sources and articles.
Some other useful links:
- Village of Skokie COVID-19 updates
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- C.A.R.E Pet Food Pantry