Fun Things to Do for Teens
Here are some great activities you can do at home. Check out even more ideas for kids and families, adults, and all ages.
Books and Other Recommendations
- Banned Books Week 2020: During Banned Books Week, we celebrate the right to make our own choices about what to read and what to think. In a democracy like ours, all ideas and books should be available to everyone. Censorship--removal of a book so no one can read it--should be opposed. Learn more about your freedom to read in this video playlist with librarian Mary, and take a look at a video of the ten most challenged books from 2019--some of which may be your favorites.
- Book Chat Chapter 6: YA Edition: Our young adult librarians join this edition of Book Chat to recommend four books great for teens.
- Anime Recommendations: Specialists Neil, Penny, and Perry recommend two anime series perfect for entertainment and binge-watching. Hear them discuss the series in this video, and read a summary of their recommendations here.
- How to Visit a College Campus without Leaving Home: The process of researching and visiting prospective colleges has changed to align with social distancing restrictions. Watch a video about how to interact with colleges from home, from Thomas Jaworski of Quest College Consulting. He offers tips on how to get the most out of these experiences. This video recording is from our live online event on July 13, 2020.
- Teen Library Council: Join us for a Zoom meetup every Thursday to give your input on remote library services and events for teens. For grades 6-12. See the calendar for registration info.