Make Your Own Red, White, and Blue Trifle: Online Event
Friday, July 3, 2020
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
Celebrate the 4th of July as Amy Claver demonstrates how to make your own no-bake, festive dessert.
To get the full effect, Amy will use a trifle dish, which is a tall glass serving dish that allows the patriotic layers to be viewed through the glass. If you don't have one, that's no problem. Amy will also demonstrate how you can make this in a springform pan to achieve the same effect. We will use the stove top to make syrup and a mixer to make the cream filling.
Sign up for this event and receive the Zoom meeting link here.
Ingredients and supplies to cook along include:
- 1/4 cup plus
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound cake (store bought or homemade) baked in loaf pan
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed
- Small size sauce pan
- Serrated knife
- Cutting board
- Electric mixer or standing mixer
- Trifle dish or springform pan (with parchment paper if using springform pan)