COVID-19 Resources from the Library
December 2, 2021
Here are some resources from two recent events at the library which focused on the COVID-19 pandemic, with one highlighting COVID-19 and families. Both events featured health experts and other trusted community voices.
COVID-19: Where We Are Now
The Skokie Community Foundation’s Healthcare Symposium took place online on October 19, 2021.
Representatives from the Illinois Department of Public Health and Skokie's own health department outlined the latest data and challenges on the state and local level. We also heard from local healthcare organizations and about public resources that provide help with housing, food, and other critical support during this time.
Watch the symposium below and download a handout that includes community resources, financial assistance information, and more.
COVID-19 Safety for the Whole Family
We hosted a panel discussion on November 11, 2021 with local health and community leaders sharing how to keep children healthy during this stage of the pandemic. The discussion includes concise and clear information about risks, benefits, and the future of COVID-19 prevention strategies such as masks, vaccines, and social distancing. Watch the recording below:
Additional resources shared by the panelists:
- COVID-19, Vaccines, and the Delta Variant from Northwestern University
- COVID-19 Case Counts from Cook County Department of Public Health
- COVID-19 Information and Resources from NorthShore University HealthSystem
- COVID-19 Vaccine Checklist for Kids Age 5 and Up from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
FIND MORE INFORMATION on COVID-19
For more information and resources, visit the COVID-19 information site from the Skokie Health and Human Services Department.