Voting is both a right and a responsibility. Check out the resources on this page for information on registering to vote, where and when to cast your ballot, which candidates are running for office in 2019, and more.
When is the consolidated election?
April 2, 2019
Age to register
Voters must be at least 18 by the consolidated election, April 2, 2019.
Register to vote
Information from the Cook County Clerk's Office
You can also register at Village Hall weekdays, 8:30 am–5 pm.
1. Online - Sunday, March 17
2. Paper/PDF - Must be postmarked by Tuesday, March 5
3. In Person - Tuesday, March 5
Find answers to many of your voting-related questions online, such as
- What is my registration status?
- What is on my upcoming ballot?
- Where is my polling place?
- Where is my early voting site?
- Who are my elected officials?
- What Is my mail ballot status?
Visit the Suburban Cook County voting portal.
Have you moved or changed your name since you last registered? Find out how to re-register to vote.
For the April 2, 2019 consolidated election, traditional early voting will take place March 18-April 1. See a list of early voting locations and hours. Any registered voter in suburban Cook County may vote early at any other designated early voting location.
ABSENTEE / VOTING BY MAIL
Any registered suburban Cook County voter may request a mail ballot using this online application. Once registration is verified and the application is processed, a paper ballot is mailed to the designated address. The deadline to apply is five days before an election.
Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party’s ballot they will vote in primary elections.
IN THE VOTING BOOTH
Voters can bring in newspaper endorsements, printouts, sample ballots, and smartphones. You may not take a selfie or photograph your marked ballot.
OPEN OFFICES IN THE April 2, Consolidated Elections
- Skokie Library Trustee
- Skokie Park District Commissioner
- Evanston/Skokie School District 65 Board Member
- Skokie School District 68 Board Member
- Skokie School District 69 Board Member
- Fairview School District 72 Board Member
- Skokie School District 73.5 Board Member
- Evanston Township High School District 202
- Niles Township High School District 219
- Oakton Community College District 535
Learn more about these races and find links to information about the candidates on our blog.
- Cook County Clerk’s Office candidates for April 02, 2019 consolidated general election
To learn more about the candidates, view one of the voting guides provided by:
Ballot Ready - Enter your address to learn more about candidates
The League of Women Voters - Illinois Voter Guide