ELL Literacy Circle
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Have you ever wanted to be part of a library book discussion group, but worried that your English language skills were not strong enough?
High-intermediate and advanced English learners will read and discuss an American novel together, with the support of Margaret Feit Clarke, an experienced ESL teacher from the ELL Parent Center. You will strengthen your language skills while learning more about great literature, American culture, and the Skokie community.
Limited to 14 participants. Registration closes on January 17, 2022. The group will meet every Tuesday, January 18-March 22. A copy of the book Two Old Women by Velma Wallis, is included. We will email information on book pick up after registration has closed.
Some of the sessions will take place on Zoom. The current schedule is:
- January 18 - online event on Zoom (You will receive the Zoom link in an email.)
- January 25 - online event on Zoom (You will receive the Zoom link in an email.)
- February 1 - at the library
- February 8 - at the library
- February 15 - at the library
- February 22 - at the library
- March 1 - at the library
- March 8 - at the library
- March 15 - at the library
- March 22 - at the library
All participants must follow the library's pandemic safety guidance.
Online registration is closed.