Free Summer Lunch for Kids and Teens
June 8, 2022
We are partnering with the Greater Chicago Food Depository to provide free lunches for kids and teens age 18 and younger. Lunches are offered in the library Monday through Friday, June 13-August 19, from noon to 12:45 pm. Lunches will be served in the South Courtyard, weather permitting, or indoors if the weather is bad. Lunches must be eaten on-site.
We are just one of the organizations working to reduce food insecurity in our community. Download our PDF flyer of local community food resources.
Here are some additional resources:
- Kids Lunch at Niles-Maine District Library
- Summer Food Program at Evanston Park District
- Niles Township Food Pantry
- Meals on Wheels Northeastern Illinois for seniors
- If you'd like to check whether you are eligible for the State of Illinois Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), use the ABE (Application for Benefits Eligibility) website tool. The Village of Skokie Human Services Department can help you apply for SNAP. They can also provide more information about local resources for you or your family.