Computers & technology
Get connected with our public computers and free WiFi available throughout the building.
Or you can use our wireless print service.
Our second-floor Computer Commons and adjacent Computer Classroom offer Internet access, Microsoft Office, scanning stations, and printers. All you need is a Skokie Public Library card or registered suburban card. Chicago residents may apply for a Computer Use card. These computers are open to anyone in high school or older.
We also have several computers specifically configured for kids in our Youth Computer Lab and Youth Services department.
Digital Media Labs
Our Digital Media Labs have software and tools for creating music, editing photos and videos, and more.
Laptops, devices and gadgets
Skokie Public Library cardholders can borrow laptops to use to use inside the library. Stop by the Technology Help Desk on the second floor to check one out.
Love gadgets and gizmos? We loan devices for digital creation, productivity, and entertainment.
Free WiFi is available througout the library. Simply log on select “Skokie Library” as your wireless connection; no password required!
Visit Skokie Public Library’s PrintSpot to send print jobs from your laptop or from computers outside the building.
- Black and white printing costs 10¢ per page.
- Color printing costs 25¢ per page
- Retrieve print jobs at the Print Release Station in the second-floor Computer Commons.
- Unclaimed print jobs will be deleted 4 hours after they’re sent.
- If you plan to use wireless printing regularly, we recommend you download and install the PrintWhere driver.
- To print an email message or attachment from a mobile device, forward your email to email@example.com for black and white and firstname.lastname@example.org for color. You’ll enter your email user name to retrieve your print job.
The BOOMbox is a creative, interactive, learning space on the library's first floor. We want to introduce you to cutting edge technology, science, and engineering. All in 188 square feet!