Get the latest business and finance information, including updates on how to get assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic on our blog.
If you’re looking to start, manage, or grow a business or nonprofit, we have tools, resources and support to help. Use our business resources to create business and marketing plans, research a company, an industry or your competition, create lists of potential customers, learn a new skill and more.
Need assistance? Use the chat box in the lower right corner of our website, or email our business librarian and set up a one-on-one appointment.
Terry Ratoff, Community Engagement Librarian, Business Services
ECONOMIC RESOURCES DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
Special resources for navigating the COVID-19 crisis are available to businesses, nonprofits and individuals. They can help you sustain your business, apply for economic assistance and manage your personal finances.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Protecting Your Finances During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Cook County COVID-19 Community Recovery Initiative
- Financial Help for Small Businesses During the Pandemic (blog post)
- Financial Help for the Covid-19 Pandemic (blog post)
- Niles Township Covid-19 Resources
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Information for Small Businesses
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Response Economic Assistance
- U.S. Small Business Administration Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Village of Skokie Resources For Businesses Affected By COVID-19
Business library card
Businesses and nonprofits located in Skokie and members of the Skokie Chamber of Commerce can apply for a free business library card.
Have questions about business library cards? firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan, Start, Manage and Grow your Business
Use our business resources to develop business and marketing plans, find potential customers, discover data about your industry and competitors, research companies, stocks and mutual funds, and take free classes online to sharpen your technology and business skills.
You can access ebooks,magazines, newspapers, and articles online for the latest business, financial, and technology information. The library collection includes a wide range of business books, periodicals and newsletters.
Attend our business events to learn from local experts about all aspects of running an enterprise, manage your personal finances and connect with local business people.
Write a business plan
Learn the steps to writing a business plan using SCORE’s planning templates or Gale Business Plans Handbooks. They offer sample business plans and templates to help you create a business plan. Or, take a look at our business plan books.
Get Business Counseling from Experienced Business Mentors
SCORE provides free business counseling for entrepreneurs, small businesses and nonprofits. They can help with starting and running businesses, financing and marketing issues, and creating business plans. On SCORE’s website, you can find free business planning tools, resources and workshops or sign up for free mentoring appointments. SCORE is a nonprofit volunteer organization, partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
FIND BUSINESS CLASSES, FINANCIAL RESOURCES, ONLINE GUIDES AND REGULATORY INFORMATION
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO)
- First Stop Business Information Center
- Small Business Assistance
- Illinois Small Business Develop Centers (SBDC)
Attend workshops and get free business counseling at nearby locations
- Illinois Small Business Development Center at Harper College
- Women's Business Development Center (Aurora)
- Women’s Business Development Center (Chicago)
- Small Business Administration
- USA.gov Small Business
CONTACT OUR LOCAL PARTNERS FOR INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
Find resources to help with personal financial concerns.