If you’re looking to start, manage, or grow a business, we have tools and support to help you get the job done.
Get the latest business and finance information, including updates on how to get assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic on our blog.
Terry Ratoff, Community Engagement Librarian, Business Services
Business library card
Businesses and nonprofits located in Skokie and members of the Skokie Chamber of Commerce can apply for a free business library card.
Have questions about business library cards? email@example.com
ECONOMIC RESOURCES DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
Special resources for navigating the COVID-19 crisis are available to businesses, nonprofits and individuals. They can help you sustain your business, apply for economic assistance and manage your personal finances.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Protecting Your Finances During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Financial Help for Small Businesses During the Pandemic (blog post)
- Financial Help for the Covid-19 Pandemic (blog post)
- Niles Township Covid-19 Resources
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Information for Small Businesses
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Response Economic Assistance
- U.S. Small Business Administration Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Village of Skokie Resources For Businesses Affected By COVID-19
Generate leads, map your competition, or take classes to sharpen your technology skills with our online business resources.
Business books and magazines
Digital Media Lab
The Digital Media Lab has equipment for creating digital videos, music, photography, websites, and more. Learn to use this and other technology with online training. Or, contact our Information Desk to schedule training.
Start and stay in business
Get counseling from experienced executives and business owners
SCORE counselors can advise businesses and nonprofits on issues related to financing, marketing, and creating business plans. Counselors are at Skokie Public Library weekly. To sign up for a free appointment, choose Skokie as a location on SCORE’s website.
Write a business plan
SCORE’s planning templates and the Gale Business Plans Handbook offer sample business plans and templates to help you get started creating your business plan. Or, take a look at one of our many business plan books.
Find business counseling, classes, information about regulations, financial resources, online guides, and forms
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO)
- Illinois Small Business Development Center at Harper College
- Legal Forms Library
- Small Business Administration
- USA.gov Small Business
- Women’s Business Development Center (Chicago)
- Women's Business Development Center (Aurora)