If you’re looking to start, manage, or grow a business or nonprofit, we have tools, resources, and support to help. Use our business resources to create business and marketing plans, research a company or industry, llearn a new skill, and more.
Need assistance? Call or use the chat box in the lower right corner of our website and set up a one-on-one appointment.
ECONOMIC RESOURCES DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
Special resources for navigating the COVID-19 crisis are available to businesses, nonprofits, and individuals. These resources can help you sustain your business and apply for economic assistance.
- Cook County COVID-19 Community Recovery Initiative
- U.S. Small Business Administration COVID-19 Relief Options
- Village of Skokie Resources For Businesses
Business library card
Businesses and nonprofits located in Skokie and members of the Skokie Chamber of Commerce can apply for a free business library card.
Have questions about business library cards? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan, Start, Manage, and Grow your Business
Use our business resources to develop business and marketing plans, find potential customers, discover data about your industry and competitors, research companies, stocks and mutual funds, and take free classes online to sharpen your technology and business skills.
You can access eBooks, magazines, newspapers, and articles online for the latest business, financial, and technology information. The library collection includes a wide range of business books, periodicals, and newsletters.
Attend our business events to learn from local experts about all aspects of running an enterprise, manage your personal finances and connect with local business people.
Write a business plan
Learn the steps to writing a business plan using SCORE’s planning templates or Gale Business Plans Handbooks. They offer sample business plans and templates to help you create a business plan. You can also take a look at our business plan books.
Get Business Counseling from Experienced Business Mentors
SCORE provides free business counseling for entrepreneurs, small businesses, and nonprofits. They can help with starting and running businesses, financial and marketing issues, and creating business plans. On SCORE’s website, you can find free business planning tools, resources and workshops, and sign up for free mentoring appointments. SCORE is a nonprofit volunteer organization, partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
FIND BUSINESS CLASSES, FINANCIAL RESOURCES, ONLINE GUIDES, AND REGULATORY INFORMATION
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO)
- First Stop Business Information Center
- Small Business Assistance
- Illinois Small Business Develop Centers (SBDC)
Attend workshops and get free business counseling at nearby locations
- Illinois Small Business Development Center at Harper College
- Illinois Small Business Development Center at Rogers Park Business Alliance
- Women's Business Development Center (Aurora)
- Women’s Business Development Center (Chicago)
- Small Business Administration
- USA.gov Small Business
CONTACT OUR LOCAL PARTNERS FOR INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
- Oakton Community College
- Skokie Chamber of Commerce
- Village of Skokie
- YWCA Evanston/North YWCA Evanston/North Shore
Find resources to help with personal financial concerns.