Online Application Policy
Skokie Public Library offers Skokie residents the opportunity to register for a library card online. Patron information will be verified by library staff when library cards are issued.
- The applicant must check the "I have read and understand the Online Application Policy" box on the registration form. This signifies that the applicant agrees to take responsibility for all items borrowed on their card and to abide by all borrowing rules and policies.
- Identity of online applicants will be verified by staff when patrons come in to pick up their cards. Patrons will need to bring in one piece of identification with their name, photo, and current Skokie address.
- Staff will check for the completeness and accuracy of the applications and make changes as needed.
- Staff will check for duplicate entries before issuing a new card.
- Patrons must sign the back of their cards at the time of pick up.
- Applicants must pick up their card within one month. After 1 month, applications will be purged from the database.
- The youth online application includes the "I have read and understand the Online Application Policy" box, which must be checked by the applicant's parent or guardian. By checking this box, the parent or guardian is agreeing to accept responsibility for the account and to abide by all borrowing rules and policies. The parent or guardian must accompany the child to the library to pick up the card. The parent must show one piece of identification with name, photo, and current Skokie address.
- The child must visit the library to obtain his or her card. Parents or guardians may not pick up the card if the child is not present.
Cardholders are responsible for:
- All materials checked out on their card
- Payment of any lost/damaged items
- Providing prompt notice of address change, including email address
- Complying with all rules and regulations of the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS)